The Princess Anne Athletic Complex is located in the heart of Princess Anne Commons across the street from the Virginia Beach Sportsplex and Veteran's United Home Loans Amphitheater. The complex includes eight lighted tournament-quality softball fields and eight multi-purpose playing fields (which allow for football, soccer, etc.), four of which are lighted synthetic and four are Hybrid Bermuda.
Get your message in front of more than 400,000 people annually! Learn about advertising opportunities at Princess Anne Athletic Complex.
- 8 lighted softball/baseball fields
- 300 ft fences, fencing 8 ft tall
- Luckstone mix infield
- Hybrid Bermuda outfields
- Musco Lighting System
- Toro Irrigation System
- Hollywood bases can be set 60’/65’/70’
- Hollywood pitching rubbers can be set 40’/43’/50’/53’
- Portable fencing is available to reduce fields sizes to 220ft
- Electronic scoreboards
- Shaded player benches
- Shaded ADA-accessible spectator area
- 2 Gazebos with 4 picnic tables in each area
- Tournament information boards
- On-site parking with over 830 spaces
- 8 multi-purpose fields
- 4 lighted synthetic fields with scoreboards4 hybrid Bermuda fields
- Musco Lighting System
- Full size 120 x 80 yd playing surface
- ADA accessible spectator areas
- Tournament information board
While enjoying our facility please be aware of the following and show good sportsmanship at all times.
- Field reservations must be made in advance. Synthetic turf fields are available for practice year-round, Monday through Thursday only. Walk-on use is NOT permitted.
- Parking is permitted only in designated areas. On-street parking and parking in grass areas are prohibited.
- Private vehicles are not allowed in or near field areas. Illegally parked vehicles may be ticketed or towed.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited on City property. This includes fields, parking lots, open spaces, and roadways.
- Smoking and the use of tobacco products are not permitted on or near the fields. It is only allowed in designated areas.
- Personal 10x10 tents are allowed in designated areas only. The placement is determined by facility staff in order to maintain safe traffic flow and views of fields. All tents must be secured to the ground. Failure to comply with this can result in the patron being asked to leave the facility. The renter is requested to assist with ensuring their participants and spectators comply.
- Pets are permitted and must be leashed and under control at all times. Please be sure to scoop the poop.
- All food and drink concession rights remain with the City of Virginia Beach. No food sales of any kind are permitted by renters or visitors. All non-food vendors are subject to approval by the Sports Management Office.
- Sports Management does not supply or maintain water coolers for participants or spectators. Personal coolers are permitted. Drinks are available on-site from the concessionaire, vending machines, and water fountains.
- Fires are allowed in grills only. Backyard propane tanks and charcoal grills must be placed at least 20 feet away from all structures and are not permitted near the fields at any time. These are permitted in parking lots only. Turkey fryers and deep-fat fryers are not permitted. Screw-top propane heaters are not permitted.
- Generator and electricity use is permitted for merchandise vendors only and must be pre-approved by the Sports Management Office.
- Extension cords must be secured and not create a trip hazard.
- If lightning is detected inside ten miles or seen, a mandatory game delay of 30 minutes will be enforced and all players, coaches, officials, and guests must leave the fields and seek shelter. Staying in dugouts, near fields, or under pavilions is not acceptable. Updates will be communicated to the tournament organizer.
- Facility staff reserves the right to cancel an event in whole or in part. Field closures may result from inclement weather, poor playing conditions, or field damage which may cause hazardous safety considerations for the public or excessive repairs to the field.
- Staff or registered volunteers from Parks and Recreation will be onsite during all events and are the only authorized personnel to perform field maintenance.
- Athletic trainers or medical staff for events are not provided by the facility. It is strongly recommended that the renter have an emergency medical plan in place. An AED is on site for emergency use. AEDs are located in each concession building.
- All signage content and placement must be approved by the Sports Management Office prior to placement.
- Flying any unmanned aircraft system (UAS), commonly known as a drone, must be done in accordance with all FAA guidelines. Guidelines state they cannot be flown over sporting events or crowds or within 5 miles of an airport without submitting a flight plan.
- Personal vehicles are not permitted on pedestrian paths, grass areas, or fields.
This list is not all-inclusive. Any questions regarding topics not included here should be directed to the Sports Management Office, at (757) 385-0478.