- Four picnic shelters with charcoal grills
- Picnic area with charcoal grills
- Lighted tennis courts
- Pickleball court
- Basketball courts
- Volleyball court and beach volleyball
- Canoe/kayak launch area on Back Bay -*Seasonal parking fees may apply. Ample vehicle and trailer parking. From the parking area, you will need to transport/carry your canoe/kayak approximately 50 yards down a sandy path.
- Public restrooms
- Public-use AED
Three beach wheelchairs are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please visit the park office to check one out with a driver's license or photo ID. Wheelchairs must remain on-site.
Equipment Available for Checkout
The following items can be checked out of the park office with a driver's license or other form of photo identification: badminton equipment, basketballs, baseball bats, corn hole boards and bags, footballs, frisbees, rubber playground balls, soccer balls, volleyballs and volleyball nets.
For shelter reservations, please call (757) 385-PARK (7275).
The 400-foot Little Island Fishing Pier is open seven days a week. Enjoy a newly improved pier walkway/railing, enhanced public access, and a new 200 linear foot pier-shoreline connection. Virginia Saltwater Fishing License is not required on the Fishing Pier but is required to fish from the beach.
Visitors must provide their own fishing equipment (maximum of four fishing poles per person). Only service dogs are permitted on the pier. Pier fees are charged from May - October.
Fishing Pier Hours:
- May 1 - Oct. 31: 6 a.m.-9:p.m.*
- Nov. 1 - April 15: 7 a.m. - Posted Closing Time
- * The fishing pier will be closed from April 16 - 30 for annual maintenance.
Fishing Pier Fees:
- Sightseeing: $1 resident / $2 non-resident
- Fishing: $8 resident / $10 non-resident
- Weekly pier fishing pass: $25 resident / $35 non-resident
- Annual pier fishing pass: $100 resident / $125 non-resident
- *Children 9 and under are free with paying adults (for fishing). Cash payment is accepted only. Fees can be paid at the fishing pier.
Little Island Park Parking Rates
- All-day parking: $5, paid at the kiosk or online
Once paid, you are free to come and go all day as parking is monitored via your license plate number.